Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

Latest Post:
Started By:
Rank:
Category
4 days ago.
by Dirtman
Drone327
#1

Corporate Phone Spying Is Becoming a Big Deal Recently

The story of the Major League investigation of Biogenesis and the use of banned substances by major league players has a sub-text --the use of technology to recover information from mobile phones used by the players and the Biogenesis managers and staff. To get at the information, according to excellent reporting by the Associated Press, MLB filed a civil lawsuit against Biogenesis, alleging the company was interfering in MLB's contracts with the MLB Player's Union. The lawsuit made it possible for MLB to subpoena AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Metro PCS and Federal Express and UPS (the latter presumably delivered the banned substances to the players). MLB was, according to AP, able to recover BlackBerry messages and emails. Americans are increasingly aware about government spying activities, which are getting more and more scrutiny as leaks about the range and extent of "official" spying become known. But Americans are far less aware that spying is hardly limited to our gov

Member Comments

Dirtman

Risk is easy. Australia, S. America, and then Africa. Game over. Interesting. All about limited borders.

Monopoly is also easy. Orange. Simple economics.

Posted 4 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

As I just read the quote from former President Jimmy Carter I actually started to realize how genius President Obama is on foreign policy. Why tell the world exactly what you are about to do? Keep everyone guessing all the time. Apparently Jimmy Carter is a terrible player at the game of Risk as well. He should play against Newman and Kramer.

Posted 5 days ago.

anuttiermutter

So now we are listening to Jimmy Carter? Remember how he criticized Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II, and you dismissed him.

Posted 17 days ago.

Dirtman

MSNBC: “First of all, we waited too long. We let the Islamic State build up its money, capability and strength and weapons while it was still in Syria,” Carter said. But Carter didn’t stop there, launching into a broader critique of Obama’s foreign policy. “President Obama, it’s been hard to figure out exactly what his policy is. It changes from time to time,” the former president said. “He’s been delayed. Sometimes he draws red lines in the sand on the Mideast and then when the time comes, he doesn’t go through with it.”

Jimmy Carter goes nucular on Ebama.

Posted 17 days ago.

anuttiermutter

Overnight the government turned all the clocks backs. I bet the Tea Partiers are mad -- they are always mad.

Posted 19 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Former President George W. Bush will be back in the public eye as he promotes "41," his upcoming book about his father, former President George H.W. Bush." Martha, get that popcorn popper going - we gots us some funny TeeVee on the way. Can you say Strategery.

Posted 24 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

Buzz: Who is, Dirtman.

Posted 33 days ago.

Dirtman

Who? Sorry, I haven't gotten a piece of card stock from him. Dem and Rep in my home, so I have plenty of glossy card stock in my paper recycle bag. Guess which one of us is the Rep. Ha! Jeopardy music.

Posted 34 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

The straight ticket option is such a vehicle for laziness and ignorance. I always wonder how many votes one would get just for running for a given office while never saying a word or campaigning. Oh yeah! Let's see how many Delegate Householder gets again this time!

Posted 34 days ago.

anuttiermutter

Ya, and can you believe Republicans, conservatives and Tea Partiers are allowed to vote? No wonder America is going down hill.

Posted 35 days ago.

anuttiermutter

Ted Cruz says there's a "real risk" that the government could imprison pastors who preach against same-sex marriage. The junior senator from Texas warned Friday of "the specter of government trying to determine if what pastors preach from the pulpit meets with the policy views or political correctness of the governing authorities."

Yes, and those clergy who serve wine before 1 pm on Sunday in West Virginia are going to be jailed, too. To protect your local clergy, do not put any money in the offering plate, that way it does not appear that the clergy are actually selling the beverage.

Posted 35 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Dey don't?" Yep, when the Bush name is mentioned, Republican begin to cry, and say that's mean.

Posted 35 days ago.

Dirtman

The Ebonic plague:

"Republican do not allow anyone to remember that guy."

Dey don't?

Posted 35 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Senate’s inquiry into CIA torture sidesteps blaming Bush, aides" Who?? Republican do not allow anyone to remember that guy.

Posted 36 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Bridge freezes before road". I do not believe she will like you calling her frigid.

Posted 40 days ago.

Dirtman

I painted my girlfriend's name on a bridge.

Posted 40 days ago.

anuttiermutter

I don't know but I just "agreed" with your two hashtag comments, so soon you should be the highest rated commenter at The Journal. ;)

Posted 40 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

Speaking of which, I wonder how long it will take for our speech to be taken away from the Journal's hashtag article comment section.

Posted 41 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

If only I was a West Virginian who matters....That one was for the Journal ;)

Posted 41 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

I think Delegate Lawrence would bring home the bacon as Governor. She's got charisma and a strong work ethic. I think she's way qualified. Just saying!

Posted 41 days ago.