Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

Latest Post:
Started By:
Rank:
Category
6 days ago.
by LostStormtrooper
Drone327
#1

Corporate Phone Spying Is Becoming a Big Deal Recently

The story of the Major League investigation of Biogenesis and the use of banned substances by major league players has a sub-text --the use of technology to recover information from mobile phones used by the players and the Biogenesis managers and staff. To get at the information, according to excellent reporting by the Associated Press, MLB filed a civil lawsuit against Biogenesis, alleging the company was interfering in MLB's contracts with the MLB Player's Union. The lawsuit made it possible for MLB to subpoena AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Metro PCS and Federal Express and UPS (the latter presumably delivered the banned substances to the players). MLB was, according to AP, able to recover BlackBerry messages and emails. Americans are increasingly aware about government spying activities, which are getting more and more scrutiny as leaks about the range and extent of "official" spying become known. But Americans are far less aware that spying is hardly limited to our gov

Member Comments

LostStormtrooper

Buzz: Who is, Dirtman.

Posted 6 days ago.

Dirtman

Who? Sorry, I haven't gotten a piece of card stock from him. Dem and Rep in my home, so I have plenty of glossy card stock in my paper recycle bag. Guess which one of us is the Rep. Ha! Jeopardy music.

Posted 7 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

The straight ticket option is such a vehicle for laziness and ignorance. I always wonder how many votes one would get just for running for a given office while never saying a word or campaigning. Oh yeah! Let's see how many Delegate Householder gets again this time!

Posted 7 days ago.

anuttiermutter

Ya, and can you believe Republicans, conservatives and Tea Partiers are allowed to vote? No wonder America is going down hill.

Posted 8 days ago.

anuttiermutter

Ted Cruz says there's a "real risk" that the government could imprison pastors who preach against same-sex marriage. The junior senator from Texas warned Friday of "the specter of government trying to determine if what pastors preach from the pulpit meets with the policy views or political correctness of the governing authorities."

Yes, and those clergy who serve wine before 1 pm on Sunday in West Virginia are going to be jailed, too. To protect your local clergy, do not put any money in the offering plate, that way it does not appear that the clergy are actually selling the beverage.

Posted 8 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Dey don't?" Yep, when the Bush name is mentioned, Republican begin to cry, and say that's mean.

Posted 8 days ago.

Dirtman

The Ebonic plague:

"Republican do not allow anyone to remember that guy."

Dey don't?

Posted 8 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Senate’s inquiry into CIA torture sidesteps blaming Bush, aides" Who?? Republican do not allow anyone to remember that guy.

Posted 9 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Bridge freezes before road". I do not believe she will like you calling her frigid.

Posted 13 days ago.

Dirtman

I painted my girlfriend's name on a bridge.

Posted 13 days ago.

anuttiermutter

I don't know but I just "agreed" with your two hashtag comments, so soon you should be the highest rated commenter at The Journal. ;)

Posted 13 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

Speaking of which, I wonder how long it will take for our speech to be taken away from the Journal's hashtag article comment section.

Posted 14 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

If only I was a West Virginian who matters....That one was for the Journal ;)

Posted 14 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

I think Delegate Lawrence would bring home the bacon as Governor. She's got charisma and a strong work ethic. I think she's way qualified. Just saying!

Posted 14 days ago.

anuttiermutter

The Editor The Journal says, "Perhaps West Virginians ought to elect E. Gordon Gee governor of our state, or even work to send him to the White House." Yes, we need more Catholic bashing.

Posted 14 days ago.

Dirtman

A date, chinese food, and she dies. Ha! You must be gay. Like George climbing the stairs and then picking his nose.

Posted 15 days ago.

anuttiermutter

"Bonanza on Sunday night?"

Yes, four single, attractive men living together in a house with a China man cook - and every time one of them shows even the least bit of interest in a woman, the woman dies. Gay much?

Posted 16 days ago.

Dirtman

Yeah, I could get into hockey. Sega hockey was a family event. Oh, the good ole days. I think young people spend too much time playing video games, but if it is a family deal, then how is it different from watching Bonanza on Sunday night? I have fond memories of both.

Posted 16 days ago.

LostStormtrooper

It'll be alright Dirty. Hockey is starting tomorrow. Maybe the Caps will be able to trade out the whole entire team before the playoffs start this season.

Posted 17 days ago.

Dirtman

Oh, the Nats lost. I just got around to checking sports news. Now I get it. It is sad for me personally. We have a friend who is dying and she said to me a few days ago that this is the best chance they have to go to the World Series. Sigh.

Posted 17 days ago.